Sunday 27 April 2014

Top 5 Drugstore Lipstick | elliewoods


For today's post I thought I would let you guys know my favourite Drugstore Lipsticks!
(L'oreal Project Runway, Rimmel Kate Moss, Revlon Colourburst, Australis Color inject, Maybelline Colorsensational)


Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish and Lasting Matte Finish
The best drugstore lipstick, so great in fact that I believe it could be considered a high end lipstick. So I have purchased nearly every colour from this range, if that doesn’t show how good it is then I don’t know what will. There is a shade for everyone in this range, going from the lightest nude to purple. There tends to be a tiny bit of transfer after eating, but the color on the lips does not budge in the slightest

Revlon Colourburst
This is one of my favourtie nude lipsticks. Because it is such an everyday wearable, my lips but better lipstick. The formula is so creamy so it glides on smoothly. Has a good staying power without drying out the lips. Only downside of this lipstick is that they have now discontinued the shade, however if your lucky you should be able to find it on ebay!

Australis Color inject lipstick
With an infused SPF 15 whats not to love about this lipstick in the summer!.
Is a smooth, creamy and light weight formula that is easy to apply, can be sheer however is a buildable coverage.
Leaves the lips feeling moisturized for hours.
I actually sometimes use this instead of a lip moisturizer/butter in the day.

Maybelline Colorsensational
Goes on so smoothly without leaving any residue. Is a creamy formula that is fairly moisturisering with a satin finish. As far as longetivity goes, they can last around 4-5 hours without eating or 1-3 hours if eating. The thing that I love the most about this product has nothing to do with the formula in the si=lightest, it is actually the vanilla smell of the lipstick.

L’oreal project runway lipstick
The texture of this lipstick is nice and creamy but stays in place. This lipstick glides on easily with even coverage after only one application. This also leaves my lips feeling smooth and soft and does not dry them out in the slightest. It does last well on the lips, lasting around 3-4 hours before needing to be touched up. So people believe that this product smells weirdly but I don’t find that in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment