Wednesday 10 April 2013

5 Worst Drugstore Foundations

The biggest mistake that I found whilst growing up and going through high school was that many girls, made the mistake of not finding out and probably not even bothering to find out whether or not they had pink or yellow undertones. This led to many girls having the wrong colour foundation on their skin. Which in all honesty looked very unappealing and left their faces very cakey looking


 1 - Maybelline New York SuperStay 24-Hour Makeup
The Basic reason behind why I believe this Foundation to be eligble to come under this title is that, it does not live up to it's claim to last 24 hours. Not only this but also the colour range for this product is not the best that it could be, the texture of this product is also very thick and leaves a rubbery kind of feel to it. Also a major problem with this product would be the fact that it colouring changes during the day, turning the skin to a dark orangey colour, that looks and feels unpleasant. The way in which you could get this to work would be to mix a tiny bit of it with a lighter shade of foundation with light coverage in order to get coverage and cover problem areas.

2- CoverGirl Clean Makeup
 I have never tried CoverGirl before this, but as I was going to be doing a review on drugstore foundations, I picked this up. This foundation was a good match for my skin, yet it covered nothing, it basically looked like I had put nothing on my skin. I did have quite clean skin before using this foundation, however after using this product I found myself breaking out. It also doesn't last that long, so in order to keep it looking fresh it needs touching up throughout the day. The upside to this foundation would be that I found it easy to colour match my skin and that it was on sale when I purchased it so I only had to pay $5 for it.
 .


3- Maybelline New York Dream Nude Airfoam  
This is by far one of the worst foundations I have ever tried from Maybelline. The packaging of this product isn't very good, as a lot of the foundation comes out with only one squirt. It also comes out so quickly that it made me jump when I first tried it. This foundation does not have good coverage at all, in order to get a good amount of coverage you must put a lot on. However if you try to put to much on at once, it does become quite runny. I also found with this foundation that it does feel quite stick. I would not recommend this product for those who either have blemishes on their skin or those who plan to work out whilst wearing foundation. The only thing that I can't complain about, is that I didn't have to pay the full retail price as it was on sale.

4- Almay Clear Complexion Liquid Makeup


This foundation does not last long on the skin without need touch ups throughout the day, especially on oily/combination skin. However even after retouching it does not look its best. The coverage of this foundation is okay I would say light to medium coverage, however if you apply to much it does get very cakey looking, which just looks and feels horrible. What also disappointed me was the lack in colour selection making it difficult with those that have lighter skin tone such as many are too yellow or dark.

5 - BYS Liquid Foundation





This product is horrible, I found that it felt very sticky on the skin and also made my face very itchy. This does not have a great coverage either and just has a nasty chemical smell to it. Basically with this product you are getting what you pay for, with a very limited colour range. Whilst this may be a good product for those who are just starting out with wearing makeup as it is more like a tinted moisturiser. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone, unless you want itchy, dry skin which will also make you break out. Definitely a no go zone.

So I hope these reviews can help you in any way to see what products may not suit what you are looking for and what to definitely not buy. Also let me know if you would like more of these kind of posts, where I go out and try a range of products and give you my feedback.

BYEEEE!! :)

Now the reviews on these foundations are purely of my own observations when using the products myself and my skin type, so you may have a different result to what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment