Thursday 23 January 2014

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks | elliewoods


These lipsticks have made a massive impact on the beauty world, not only do they have a great formulation but the price is a bargain! Now I'm not entirely sure why I have waited so long to finally write this post on these lovely lipsticks, but it has been a long time coming and it is way overdue!


When this lipstick collection was first launched I heard a lot and saw a lot about this lipstick line, it had everyone in the beauty blogging world talking. Not only is there a lovely selection of colours to choose from, but also there is a gorgeous kind of berry smell to the lipstick itself.


There are three different Kate Moss Lipstick Lines at Rimmel at the moment and the black casing lipsticks have a kind of creme/satin finish. The black casing lipsticks are for both the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks and the Kate Moss Spring Collection Lipsticks. Whilst the red casing lipsticks are the Kate Moss Lasting Matte Finish Lipsticks.

 I purchased all the available colours they had in stock in my local Priceline because they are simply the best drugstore lipstick available and I will definitely be going back in to check on when they restock so I can grab some of the colours I missed out on. They go on smoothly and last for a very long time without drying out your lips.
I find that the colour 09 is very much the same as 107 from the matte collection. I think they have done this also with the colours 11 from the Lasting Finish line and the Matte Line. I think this is great in case someone prefers a different finish. 16 is kind of your Barbie pink which I think will look gorgeous during those Summer months, or even if you just like noticeable pink lip for everyday use. 03 has probably now make it up there as my new favourite drugstore nude lipstick, it is just so versatile and easy to wear, making it suitable for all occasions. Lastly the 05 is quite a vibrant pink, but it doesn't go on as vibrant as it looks, you can put tiny bit on and it will give you a nice flush of pink on your lips for casual everyday use, or you can give it another layer transform it into a night out vibrant lipstick look.

(Colours: 09,11,16,03,05)


Then there is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Matte Finish line. Now I only have two of the shades from this collection, but I absolutely love them. I would have to say that the shade 107 is definitely my favourite (as you can probably tell by the state of the lipstick) it is a nice purplish red which just looks stunning in the winter months. While 111 is definitely a more vibrant classic red which is suitable for any time you want to make your make look pop.

(Colours: 107, 111)
  I usually find myself using lip liners when putting drugstore lipsticks on, to give a nice crisp line and these shades are just so gorgeous that I find myself a lot of the time skipping this step because the staying power and the pigmentation of these lipsticks just make it unnecessary to need lip liner.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment