Thursday 16 January 2014

SAVVY Cosmetics | elliewoods

A little while ago my local Priceline was having a massive 40% all cosmetics. So of course I had to have a little wander in there and pick up a few things I have never tried before.

Whilst in there I found the SAVVY cosmetics stand. SAVVY is a makeup brand that is exclusive only to Priceline, so you can't pick this brand up from anywhere other than at a Priceline store. Now SAVVY is quite a cheap brand as it is but I thought with the extra 40% why not give it a try. So I picked up a blush and three lipsticks and I will definitely be trying out more from their range in the future!











SAVVY have four different shade choices when it comes to their classic blush, so I picked up the colour silky pink and I can definitely say it lives up to its name! The blush formula is just so silky and smooth and applies beautifully to the skin. This blush usually retails for $4.99, which is amazing considering that it is so pigmented meaning that you only need the tiniest amount on your brush in order to get a great strong flush of colour.




The three lipsticks that I picked up weren't the colours that I originally wanted to purchase as I had been looking online before I went into the store, however I went on the last day of the sale, which meant a lot of things had already sold out. So I picked the shades, sand, cinnamon and plum. These lipsticks retail for the same price as the blush at $4.99. They are very creamy, moisturising and will stay on the lip for a reasonable amount of time, however they can tend to smear due to them being so creamy. I tend to apply a lip liner before using these lipsticks and then only applying a small amount and that does tend to stop this from occurring.



 If you are in the market for a new blush I would definitely say to check out the SAVVY stand at your local Priceline. However whilst the SAVVY lipsticks are nice and moisturising and do have quite good colour payoff, I probably wouldn't purchase more of these lipsticks, just because they do tend to smear and aren't convenient when going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment