Saturday 22 March 2014

10 products for $10 | elliewoods

Of course who doesn't like a bargain.
You would be crazy or lying to yourself if you said you didn't.

Of course whilst I was out and about looking round the shops a little while ago, I found the sale section and that is where I picked up these 10 products for only $10 hence the title of this blog post 10 products for $10.
If you are looking for a great bargain I definitely recommend going to places like Target, Kmart or a chemist as they nearly always have a sales section! 
So here are some of the goodies that I picked up.

Max Factor Eyeshadow - Onyx & Stormy Blue
This is basically your must have staple black shadow, it can be used for a smoky eye bold/ dramatic or light and soft. I always find that it is the perfect shadow for night wear, whether you are going clubbing or have a party to attend, this is definitely my go to shadow. 
(Stormy Blue & Onyx)
Also whilst looking through the sales items I picked up this beauty. Now I had never tried this colour before and usually steer way clear of any blues/any bold or bright colours (I'm more of a neutrals girl) However this is just a nice deep blue which is perfect for a nice smokey eye. I would say that it comes out a more greyish colour than a blue and I am immensely glad that I was feeling experimental that day and picked it up!

Essence Eyeshadow - Khaki
Now I absolutely love Essence eyeshadows, so of course I also loved this one. This shade is just a nice neutral green with a hint of shimmer and I think that this may be infact be one of my favourites deep greens in my collections!




Australis Lip Liners x 3 - Hot To Trot, My Fair Lady, Nudie Rudie
Now I am obsessed with  Australis lipliners, so of course when I can get them for a dollar I am stoked. I picked up these three colours as they were the only ones that I didn't already have in my collection, I find that the colour pay off wonderful for a drugstore lip pencil and I would also say that they could be bordering on high-end they are that good! 

Covergirl lip liner - Sophisticated 
Now to start off I am not a huge fan of cover girl, I find that their foundation has a funny pungent smell to it and it tended to make me break out. However I do quite enjoy their jumbo lip pencils so I picked this up for a $1 and I must say that I absolutely love it, it is actually so pigmented and creamy that I would say that it could even be used on its own without a lipstick over the top (however I always tend to wear a lipstick over any lipstick with no exception)

Australis Stay Put Lip liner - Natural
This was a new one for me when it can to this lip liner, instead of the usual australis lip liners this one is a twist top and I actually find this quite handy. After one use I knew I loved the product, the way it applied so easily and the way it wore on my lips and at an absolute bargain of $1!!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch
I picked up one of these whilst shopping and tried it out on my hand, after a while of walking around the shops and looking down and seeing the shimmer affect on my hand I knew I had to go back and get more. So I picked up these two, both are in peach glow, however I thought that I had two different shades as I did have another shade in  my hand but put it back as it was already opened and accidentally bought two of the same shades whoops! However I am not complaining as I love this shade and the way it highlights my face, giving a nice warm glow which will look great especially in the upcoming colder months!

No comments:

Post a Comment