Tuesday 26 February 2013

Pricing in different countries

Hello beauty fanatics,

So this is an extra blog post for the day, as I just want to talk about the difference in pricing from on country to another country.
For quite some time now I have been hearing the hype and getting recommendations to start using high end make up brands such as M.A.C, NARS and MAKEUP FOREVER. Yet I do find this difficult to do as they are not so easily assessable in Australia as they are in the US or UK.

However whilst my parents were in the US my mother picked up this two little beauties for herself, which I admit I may have used more than her now.










Not only is it the lengths that one in Australia must go to, to find these products but the pricing is another factor. The prices here in Australia for this high end make up is drastically inflated compared to what it would be if purchased in the US or UK.









          NARS EYESHADOW

US - $24 which converts to $23.40 Australian dollars
UK - 18 pounds, which converts to $26.60 Australian dollars
Whislt in Australia this will cost you around $40
That is just one of the examples of the ridiculous pricing in Australian cosmetics, luckily however I will be travelling to the US and UK later on this year! This will be my first time to the US and my 3rd time coming back to the UK :D and I can't wait to explore and indulge in some good high end cosmetics, although I love Rimmel, Maybelline and the others, here in Australia they are the exact same price as the high end cosmetics.
Byeee and happy blogging! x




No comments:

Post a Comment