Wednesday 13 March 2013

Ombre Hair!

Hey All!
So I have finally gotten off my butt and delivered to you another blog post!
As I tweeted last week, if you follow me on twitter, if not there is a link to my twitter on my home page, so go give me a cheeky follow to stay up to date with my new posts.

Anyways now if you can't tell this is a post on my recent hair change. So for many months now I have felt like I needed a change. Now I am way to scared to chop of my lovely long locks, so I opted for a colour change. Now I have never coloured my hair before so this was a hard decision on what products to use in order to accomplish the look I wanted. The next issue was what colout would I go. I mulled over a variety of colours such as red, black, dark brown. This was until someone suggest why not go for a ombre hairstyle and straight away I knew that was what I wanted to do.

After watching many youtube videos and reading Zoella's blog ( http://www.zoella.co.uk/ ) and after sseing her reaults thats the product I opted for.

So after a few weeks of being to chicken to actually do it, I purchased the L'oreal Perfect Blonde Highlighting Kit and plucked up the courage to do it.


So basically what I did is, I brushed through my hair which I had washed the night before. After this I applied the dye to the ends of my hair and to the length of which I wished the blonde to go up to. After wrapping up each section for 30 minutes in Aluminium Foil I simply washed it out with plain water then towel dried it. Whilst my hair was still damp I then applied some more to the hair and ran it through higher up with my fingers in order to get it to look like my hair went from brown to gradually fading into blonde, in order to give it a more blened look. As I've seen many girls try this look but lacked the effort to blended it, leaving a very noticable dead straight blonde line, which looks rather unpleasing. I left this in for 20-25 minutes then washed out and applied the special conditioner the dye comes along with.
These are the results!




I used L'oreal Perfect Blonde Highlighting Kit to achieve this look

I do like it, considering it was my first time trying anything like this and dying it myself. Doing this to my hair has definitely fullfilled my longing to change my hair & i like it, and think it actually looks quite nice. However I think next time I will bring the blonde higher up so that it is more distinct in my hair, overall I am happy and excited to have a new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment